Friday, May 22, 2009

The moral of today is.....

Ok, so never go to another country with Travelers Checks. NEVER. Let me explain why.

So our adventure, (Brian, Rob, and I), started off well. Then it started raining, then it got harder, and harder, and the wind picked up. So we were drenched. This all happened on the way to the bank so that Brian could cash his checks.

While Rob and I waited outside for him, an Aussie Cowboy came up. He stopped, looked at us, then goes, "You two dating?" Rob, being a decent person, replied "Yeah". Basically, saving me from being accosted. So then the conversation went south quick. He talked about us being in a relationship and called Rob some names, that aren't considered insults down here.

The best part of this story, Cowboy Peg-leg, (Yes he told us is name) asked Rob if he loved me. Rob just replied "Yes". Cowboy Peg-leg, said, "No you don't you looked away! You're not getting any tonight!"

The rest of what he said is not acceptable to write. I'll fill anyone in on this later.

So we walk back to the train station, get rained on some more. Get on the train to Perth.

Hung out in Perth, realized this pub that people were going to be at was no where near where we were and gave up, got back on the train, then had to get off two stops before ours, get on a bus, missed our stop, get to a different one, then the rain starts again, and we get back to my place, dry off, get pizza, and then go to bed.

So children, never get Travelers Checks. They might make your life more interesting, but not easier.

Also, We saw Tim, my host "brother", at the train station, I told him to stop following me. This was his reply:

"Olivia! Get out of my country!" Sweet kid.

Rock on~

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment